The NFL Superbowl is not just a game, its an experience. The mixture of sports, music, family, friends, and food make it the ultimate experience.
Whether you’ll be watching the game, the commercials or waiting for the half-time entertainer, brushing up on some great Super Bowl facts from the past and present to make yourself sound smart and send you dancing into the end zone.
- Jerry Rice has scored the most touchdowns, 7, in three Super Bowls.
- No network footage exists of Super Bowl I. It was taped over, supposedly for a soap opera.
- There has been several AFC or NFC Championship games that went into overtime, but no Super Bowl has ever gone past regulation.
- In 2015, 114.4 million people watched Super Bowl XLIX, played between the New England Patriots and the Seattle Seahawks.
- After Thanksgiving, the Super Bowl is the second highest day of food consumption.
- During the 2015-16 football season, the Panthers offensive line allowed Newton to get hit only 61 times, the third-lowest total in the NFL.
- Manning has had 4 Super Bowl appearances with 4 different head coaches.
- According to the National Chicken Council, they predict 1.25 billion chicken wings will be devoured on Super Bowl Sunday.
- Dominoe’s Pizza sells more than 11 million pizza slices on Super Bowl Sunday, more than 80% than a typical Sunday.
- The Hass Avocado Board has estimated that Super Bowl XLIX will have an increase of avocado consumption with 100 million pounds.
Books to Kick Off Super Bowl Sunday
As a new season of football kicks off, fans are ready for Super Bowl’s 50th Anniversary. Discover books about the game’s history that have hit KCL shelves, just in time for the most epic Super Bowl of the year.
- 50 Years, 50 Moments: The Most Unforgettable Plays in Super Bowl History
Author: Jerry Rice & Randy O. Williams
A compelling collection of 5 decades worth of memories, insights, and personal experiences from players who have contributed to the quality of the Super Bowl experience.
- When It Was Just a Game: Remembering the First Super Bowl
Author: Harvey Frommer
The fascinating story of the ground-breaking AFL-NFL World Championship Football game played on January 15, 1967, Packers vs Chiefs.
- A Few Seconds of Panic: A 5-foot-8, 170 pound, 43-year-old Sportwriter play in the NFL
Author: Stefan Fatsis
Drawing on rare access to an NFL team’s players, coaches and facilities, the author of the New York Times bestseller Word Freak trains to become a professional-caliber placekicker. As he sharpens his skills, he gains surprising insight into the daunting challenges — physical, psychological, and intellectual — that pro athletes must master.
- The Produce News http://www.producenews.com/news-dep-menu/test-featured/12021-super-bowl-leading-surge-in-avocado-consumption
- Domino’s Pizza https://biz.dominos.com/web/public/about-dominos/fun-facts
- National Chicken Council http://www.nationalchickencouncil.org/americans-eat-1-25-billion-chicken-wings-super-bowl/
- USA Today http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/super/2016/01/31/super-bowl-50-facts-denver-broncos-carolina-panthers/79606488/
- News One http://newsone.com/2857949/super-bowl-facts/
- Statista http://www.statista.com/statistics/216526/super-bowl-us-tv-viewership/
- Corsinet http://www.corsinet.com/trivia/superbowl.html