Summer Reading Registration Begins Wed. June 1st
The 2016 Summer Reading Challenge runs June 1 – July 31, 2016.
Read 10 books, magazines, graphic novels, audiobooks, or eBooks.
Traditional Paper Sign up
- Pick up a Reading Record in person at your local Kern County Library branch.
- Record the 10 titles read on the paper Reading Record & have a parent sign it.
- Return your signed Reading Record to the library by Saturday, July 30, 2016.
- Register for an account
- Record the 10 titles read in the online Reading Log.
- You will be awarded with a Confirmation Badge. Print your Badge & bring it to the library by Saturday, July 30, 2016.
Once completed, you will receive a FREE
paperback book, provided by the Friends of the Kern County Library, Inc. & receive additional incentives, while supplies last. WHY SIGN-UP ONLINE?
- Set goals
- Complete reading lists
- Engage in community experiences & activities
- Earn Digital Badges & Incentives
- Attend local library events & enter “Secret Codes” for special Badges
For more information, contact Andie Apple at (661) 868-0730KCLsummerchallenge.org
is a pilot program, and is not required to participate in the Kern County Library Summer Reading Challenge. If you experience any difficulties and need assistance, feel free to email email@example.com
. A physical paper reading log will still be provided for customers interested in pursuing a traditional paper sign-up.