Library Code of ConductIn order to promote the pleasant use of the Library and to assure the health and safety of the public, the following are not permitted:
- Smoking within the building.
- Bare feet within the building.
- Theft, marking or destruction of Library property.
- Loud noise or other activities constituting disorderly conduct disturbing the use of the Library by the public.
- Consumption of food or beverages within the building.
- Animals (other than guide dogs as defined by Civil Code Section 54.1)
- Selling goods or soliciting on Library grounds.Loitering or sleeping in the Library.
- Obstruction of walkways or aisles with personal possessions.
- Any other conduct disturbing the peaceful use of the Library by other customers or the work of Library staff.
Any violation of these rules may result in a loss of Library privileges. Unlawful activities will be dealt with in a serious and appropriate manner.
All customers must leave the Library premises at closing time. Escorts, rides, etc., are the sole responsibility of the customers, parents, or guardians. Customers who need assistance to return home after the Library has closed, such as minors or disabled adults, may be referred to the local police in order to ensure their safety.
These rules have been formulated with the assistance of the Kern County Counsel’s Office. Adopted by the Kern County Board of Supervisors January 5, 1993.
Exhibit & Display Policy
Image Release Policy
Internet & Computer Use Policy
Meeting Room Use Policy
- The availability of these facilities is an ancillary service the Library provides.
- The service must not interfere with the Library’s primary function of providing library materials and information retrieval to the public.Meeting Rooms are available during the Library’s open hours.
- Meeting Room use outside of the Library’s open hours varies according to room accessibility at each facility and may be subject to staff availability.
- Fees for each reservation are determined in accordance to the Room Use Fees, by the facility used and the room use particulars as established by the user.