Doing country reports at the Kern County Library can be easy!
Click below on any of the country names to generate a list of juvenile books contained in the entire Library system. Click on individual titles to see where the copy is located. If you want to request a book to be sent to your local branch, place a hold on it.
Links & Resources
- CIA World Factbook – Use the dropdown box in the upper right to choose your country. For each country, you’ll find information about the geography, society, government, and economy. Also included are images, maps, and the flag.
- U.S. Department of State Background Notes – This page has basic information about U.S. relations with each particular country. The part that makes this page so great is that it provides links to other government pages: U.S. Embassy, Human Rights, export information, U.S. Census information about trade relations, history of past U.S. relations with the country, drug trafficking statistics, and so much more!
- Country Reports – This website includes food and recipe information for all countries, cultural facts, statistical information, maps, and currency conversion.
- Google Image Search – Google Images can help you find great pictures to enhance your Country Report. Simply type in the name of your country and see what you find. It will usually give you the flag and maps first. If you need something else, like historical sites or cities, be sure to refine your search with those terms.
- Scholastic’s Fill-in Country Poster – Scholastic provides a really great fill-in poster to help you with your report and reminds you of all those facts you should look for to make your country report the best!