Notice of Holds & Overdue Materials:
Select a Request Type.
I want to START receiving notices by email. I want to STOP receiving notices by email.
Yes, I want to receive a reminder email 3 days before my materials are due.
Please fill out the following form; this will assist us in answering your question or solving your problem in a timely manner.
OverDrive Mediaenki Library3M Cloud Library
iPad / iPhone / iPodAndroid Phone / TabletWindows Phone / TabletKindle FireNookPCMaceReader (Sony, Kobo)mp3 player
Book or Journal Information
To request an obituary, please fill out the following form. The Kern County Library cannot guarantee that the information requested will be found. All requests are fulfilled on a first-come, first-serve basis, in the order they were received by Kern County Library staff Replies will be sent within 5 to 7 business days (Tuesday-Saturday).
Reference services outside of the San Joaquin Valley Library System are subject to fees, as established by the Kern County Board of Supervisors.
If you require additional assistance, contact the Reference Desk at 661.868.0770.
About the Deceased
Date of Birth
Date of Death
Did you receive an email from the library stating that your card will be expiring?
Did you try to access your account and it said that your card was expired?
If so, please complete the form below:
Reactivating an expired library card can take 1 - 2 business days to be processed.
If you need immediate access, please call your local library branch.
If you find an item on your account which you believe you have returned or never checked out, please file a claim using the form below.
After submitting the claim, we ask that you do the following:
· Continue searching in your home, car, & any other location where you use & keep library materials.
· Request a return receipt for all materials returned to the library.
For the next 30 days, library staff will check library shelves regularly.
· The items will remain on your account throughout the search process.
· The Kern County Library card may continue to be used until the item is found or set to lost status, as long as there are no other fees due.
· If the item is returned after the Due Date, overdue fees will be added to your account, from the original due date of the item (Fees are charged 7 days per week, including holidays).
· If the item is declared Lost, the cost of the item, without overdue fees, will be added to the account (some items may include a lost processing fee, which is assigned at the time the item is declared lost). Once an item is declare lost, checkout privileges will be suspended until the account is paid in full.
I believe:I have already returned this item.I don't think I ever checked this item out.
Branch Item Was Returned to: (Required)
ArvinBakerBealeBoronButtonwillowCalifornia CityDelanoFrazier ParkHolloway-GonzalesKern River ValleyLamontMcFarlandMojaveNortheastRathburnRidgecrestRosamondShafterSouthwestTaftTehachapiWascoWilsonWofford Heights
What was the date the item was returned?
Additional Comments:(Please provide any other information that you feel is relevant to this claim. This would include information on how you returned the item, such as if you gave it to staff, placed it on the counter, or put it in the outside book return.)
It is the Card Holder's responsibility to check on the status of the account.
The Kern County Library (KCL) welcomes suggestions for its collection. Please check the Library Catalog to see if KCL already owns the item, before you submit a suggestion.
If KCL buys an item that you suggest, a staff member will place a hold for you. It takes up to three weeks for your suggestion to be reviewed, and then purchased. Unfortunately, due to the number of purchase suggestions we receive, we cannot notify you when items are not selected for purchase.
Pickup Location: ArvinBakerBealeKEHQ-OnlineBookmobileBoronButtonwillowCalifornia CityDelanoFrazier ParkHolloway-GonzalesKern River ValleyKern River Valley BookmobileLamontMcFarlandMojaveNortheastRathbunRidgecrestRosamondShafterSouthwestTaftTehachapiWascoWilsonWofford Heights
What format would you prefer?
print book large print eBook book on CD eAudiobook
Is this item for?
children teens adults
Please tell us where you heard about this item or other relevant information: