Renewals By Phone & Internet
You may now renew library materials over the phone (TeleCirc) or over the Internet (My Account). You may also learn what items are checked out to you and when they are due, list and/or cancel requests for books, learn what items are overdue, and any fine balance due.
Things to Remember About Renewals
- You'll need the barcode number of the card on which the items were borrowed and the personal identification number (PIN) for that card.
- Items already overdue may not be renewed with either TeleCirc or My Account, you must contact the library directly.
- The new due date will be three weeks from the date of renewal, not three weeks from the original due date.
- Only two renewals per item, if allowed. If you have borrowed an item and renewed it twice then you must return it.
- Items on hold for someone else may not be renewed, even if there appear to be other copies available.
TeleCirc: toll free (866) 290-8681
TeleCirc is our telephone messaging system and it is used to notify you:
When a requested item is waiting at the branch you selected.
- When checked out items are still checked out 10 days past the recorded due date.
By calling (866) 290-8681 with your library card and PIN, you can use TeleCirc to:
- Renew Materials:
- If you choose the menu number for renewal, you can choose to either be prompted by title, to enter item barcode numbers, or to renew all items.
- Find out what items you have checked out (including overdue materials)
- List or cancel outstanding hold requests
- Learn about any outstanding fees due on your account
The Kern County Library website provides access to the library's catalog as well as your account information.
To view your account information, enter your Borrower barcode# (use all numbers, without spaces) and your PIN.
From the Account Overview you will have access to view:
- View/Renew Items checked out
- View/Change Status on items you have requested
- View any Fees or Blocks on your account
- Update email address or PIN
Select the Library Catalog Help option for additional step-by-step instructions.